What It Means To get Involved | Volunteer With ORDA:
Imagine the big events, national and international competitions, up close and personal that are being televised on the world’s stage. Next, imagine the local events, creating an environment for the next up-and-coming athlete to thrive and explore their passion in sport. We host these events – bobsled, ski jumping, Nordic skiing, hockey, biathlon, figure skating, and more.
We need your help. Our volunteers are vital to the success of these events.
Want to positively impact our community by providing your time and skills to ensure their success? Get involved!
It takes many helping hands to create a safe, fair, and fun event. Together, we create the great experiences our guests and athletes will talk about for years to come.
Join our team! Sign up today.Click To Sign Up On The Volunteer Local Site »
Types of Volunteer Opportunities
A successful event starts with you – we’re looking for individuals willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in. A variety of opportunities are available, but typically fall into two categories:
- General Volunteer positions which can include Steward, Credential Checker, Parking Lot Attendant, and Ticket Taker.
- Technical Volunteers positions which can include Timing and Scoring, Athlete Chaperoning, and Shuttle Driving.
*Technical volunteer positions are critical to competition success and require some on-the-job training.
Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) wants to reward all volunteers who dedicate their time and effort to making our events and programs successful. This document outlines the benefits provided for your service.
Types of Coupons
A volunteer that works a 4+ hour shift in a single day can choose to select a Lift Ticket Coupon or an Attractions Coupon. Those that work a single day shift less than 4 hours will receive an Attractions Coupon.
The Lift Ticket Coupon can be used at Whiteface Mountain, Gore Mountain, or Belleayre Mountain. The Attractions Coupon may be used for the following attractions:
- MVH trail pass (2 skiers)
- Venue Scenic Skyrides (2 passengers)
- Jumps Gondola and Elevator (2 passengers)
- MVH Trail Rides (two riders) – Bike rental not included
- Gore Mountain Biking (2 riders) – Bike rental not included
- Belleayre Beach (4 visitors)
- Venue Disc Golf (4 players)
- Olympic Center Oval & Indoor Public Skating (two skaters) – Skate rentals not included
- Veterans Memorial Highway (driver and one passenger) – Valid M-F, non-holiday
- SkyFlyer Zipline – Additional charge of $5 per rider. Valid M-F, non-holiday
- Cliffside Coaster – Additional charge of $5 per rider. Valid M-F, non-holiday
- MVH Ice and Wheeled Bobsled Rides – Additional charge of $30 per rider. Valid M-F, non-holiday. Advanced reservations required.
Please note that all coupons will expire 13 months after the date of being issued.
Redeeming your Lift Ticket or Attractions Coupon
An Attractions Coupon or a Lift Ticket Coupon (dependent on hours) will be given to you at the end of each assigned day. For the lift ticket or attractions pass, you are required to make an online “purchase” using the unique code on the coupon, located at the bottom of your coupon. You can access the packages online by typing thankyou into the promo code section of the webstore, or by using the links below. The webstore you use is dependent on the attraction or skiing venue location. Use the venue’s location webstore to get your ticket online. The venue box office requires that the individual’s ID should match the name on the online reservation when you pick up your tickets. Coupon codes are only redeemable online and are unable to be redeemed at the box office.
Whiteface Mountain, Mt Van Hoevenberg, Ski Jumping Complex and The Olympic Center:
Sharing the Coupons
You may share your benefits with your friends and family members. Using the unique coupon code, please make your online reservation for the attraction or lift ticket. The individual’s name who is participating in the activity is required to be specified on the online reservation. The box office requires the ticket holder’s name and ID to match the online reservations. After you make the online reservation, they can pick up the ticket at the activity’s box office location.
Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions about this policy.