- Corporate Positions
- Belleayre Mountain
- Gore Mountain
- Mt. Van Hoevenberg
- Olympic Center
- Olympic Jumping Complex
- Whiteface Mountain
Thank you for your interest in working with the Olympic Authority. We value our staff and look forward to discussing the opportunities with you.
The Olympic Regional Development Authority is constantly seeking operational support in both labor-oriented and skilled positions. We’re always on the lookout for exceptional employees who enjoy working in a fast-paced and fun environment!
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in working with the Olympic Authority. We value our staff and look forward to discussing the opportunities with you.
BUSINESS SYSTEMS INTEGRATOR
The Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) is seeking a driven and experienced Information Technology professional to fulfill the role of Business Systems Integrator. The Business Systems Integrator is primarily responsible for the development and design of integration schemes creating links between multiple IT-based platforms to create and maintain efficiencies. In doing so, the successful candidate will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and partners. Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Design and develop integration schemes and create links for multi-platform, multi-vendor business solutions that meet ORDA’s needs.
- Confer with various users and stakeholders to develop long-term work objectives.
- Develop and maintain detailed technical plans for major areas of responsibility.
- Identify and develop business technology related opportunities and integrate IT resources to fulfill needs.
- Work with ORDA’s Point of Sale, IT and Reporting teams to expand and unify reporting to meet the needs of a fast moving, agile organization.
- Manage multiple suppliers and vendors on the integration of diverse technologies.
- Coordinate with ORDA’s Legal Team on all Technical Vendor contracts to ensure that ORDA’s needs and State Requirements are met.
- Lead the development of IT projects from the planning stage through fruition.
- Manage Credit Card processing, gateway, and hardware solutions.
- In cooperation with ORDA’s Data coordinator, maintain ORDA’s NYS Open Data submissions.
- Test software functionality and design concepts.
- Provide ongoing troubleshooting, support, and maintenance of applications.
- Collect, analyze, and suggest short- and long-term budgetary activities.
- Offline software and software configuration testing.
- Networking and Firewall assistance.
- POS hardware and software assistance.
- Other duties as needed
The Business Systems Integrator will work closely with ORDA’s IT Department and will report to the Director of Finance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Information Science, Computer Science, or a related field (relevant experience may replace educational requirements on a year for year basis) along with 5 or more years of experience in IT operations, database usage, maintenance, and reporting. A strong understanding of finance and state purchasing policies is necessary. Prior experience in the winter sports industry or other visitation-based service industry will be highly considered. Specific experience with the following also required: general networking and firewall operations/integration; Microsoft software and Active Directory knowledge; accounting software and interfacing; Business Intelligence; as well as SQL database reporting. Experience with any of the following highly desired: Domo, accesso Siriusware, accesso Passport, accesso TE2, Axess, Intacct, and Kronos.
COMPENSATION: Salary negotiable depending on qualifications, skills, and experience; ORDA offers an excellent benefits package including paid leave (vacation, holiday, sick and personal time); participation in the NYS and Local Retirement Systems; health, dental, and vision insurances; and optional participation in the NYS Deferred Compensation Plan.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resumé with the Subject Line of “Business Systems Integrator Inquiry” to:
Peggy Evatt, Director of Finance
EVENTS LOGISTICS TEAM
PART-TIME & SEASONAL | (APPROXIMATELY: NOVEMBER 10TH 2021 TO APRIL 15TH 2022)
The NYS Olympic Regional Development Authority is looking for 8-10 reliable people to become a part of the Events Logistics Team for the upcoming winter season. Team members will be in a logistical support position within the Events department supporting a multitude of national and international sporting events. The goal of this position is to increase the effectiveness of all ORDA event programming by maintaining day-to-day logistics support activities required to accomplish the work of the department. A knowledge of ORDA goals and program objectives is recommended. This position reports directly to the Events Logistics Coordinator and assists with duties as needed at Lake Placid Olympic venues. Work will be both outside and inside. Direct responsibilities include: execution of event signage; daily event beverage distribution; executing event and function set-up; maintain, schedule and execute the organization’s sound system; execute award ceremonies; and assist in fulfilling transportation requests and administrative duties. Work schedule includes evenings, weekends, and holidays. Hours will vary by week and event.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have a valid driver’s license and must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. and be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. It is helpful to have an extensive knowledge of Lake Placid, winter sports, and the Olympic movement. The ability to think and work creatively as well as be reliable, take responsibility and ownership of tasks is a must. Having skills in carpentry, electricity and sound is a plus.
COMPENSATION: Part time / Seasonal position; Grade 11 – $15.47 hourly. ORDA venue access privileges.
Interested candidates should email an application, cover letter and resume to:
EVENT VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR
The Olympic Regional Development Authority, responsible for managing the Lake Placid Legacy sites, is in search of a full-time year-round Event Volunteer Coordinator to join our team. The successful candidate will work with the ORDA Events Director and Venue General Managers to staff ORDA events with non-paid employees (volunteers) to successfully fulfill event requirements.
The Volunteer Coordinator will work as a member of the events team. Primary responsibilities include: recruiting volunteers; scheduling training and ensuring proper paper work is in place; scheduling volunteer work shifts and ensuring overall compliance with ORDA’s Volunteer Policy. In addition, the Event Volunteer Coordinator will manage accreditation and parking passes for all events as required and coordinate drug testing and COVID testing of staff and athletes at events.
The volunteer component duties include:
- Managing volunteer database, developing, and implementing policies and procedures
- Communicating with venue volunteer coordinators: manage and secure necessary volunteer staffing for specific events
- Volunteer onboarding and processing
- Coordinate volunteer check-in, food, beverage, and gifts
- Procurements and distribution of volunteer vouchers for each venue
- Oversee venue volunteer uniform program
- Develop and distribute volunteer newsletter on a quarterly basis
- Represent ORDA in recruitment of volunteers through community-based organizations
QUALIFICATIONS: A knowledge of basic business practices with one year of experience in business procedures. Demonstrated understanding of confidentiality is required. Candidates must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Word and Excel. Database management skills are desired. In addition, a knowledge and connection to the local community and an understanding of Olympic based sport and events is preferred.
COMPENSATION: ORDA offers a competitive salary along with a generous benefits package including: paid leave (sick, vacation, and personal time); paid holidays; health, dental, and vision insurance; participation in the NYS and Local Retirement Systems; and participation in NYS Deferred Compensation, a qualified 457-B plan.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resume with a subject line of “Event Volunteer Coordinator” to:
The State of New York Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) is seeking a Contract Specialist who will oversee and assist with the implementation of ORDA’s procurement processes. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for two essential functions:
- Working directly with ORDA’s Office of Environmental, Planning and Construction in drafting work orders and change orders for professional service and maintenance service contracts as well as preparing purchase orders for major construction contracts, operational supplies, and equipment.
- General implementation of ORDA’s Procurement Policy and processes; working with the Finance Office and the Legal Office to assure overall compliance with policy and processes, including, but not limited to, MWBE/SDVOB.
In addition to reviewing, processing, and tracking ORDA contracts, the Contract Specialist will also assist in contract preparation and provide fiscal and administrative oversight. Specific tasks will include:
- Assisting ORDA management and staff with all aspects of the procurement process:
- Working with the Legal Office and ORDA’s contracting staff to develop, evaluate, and review contract formats and standard terms; develop and implement model contracts, Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Qualifications (RFQs), Sole/Single Source procurements, and other related documents such as procurement requirements for bidders;
- Providing technical assistance to ORDA management and staff related to New York State’s laws, rules, regulations, and policies on contract administration;
- Assisting with the drafting of bid documents;
- Assuring the completion of routine administrative processes associated with ORDA contracts including the publishing of required contract notices in the New York State Contract Reporter;
- Providing guidance to ORDA staff on the evaluation and selection process for different procurement methodologies;
- Reviewing procurement records for compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including MWBE requirements;
- Working with various project managers to ensure accurate execution of all documents needed for the procurement record;
- Assisting project managers with drafting written responses to questions submitted by bidders and other interested parties on contract awards and contract status;
- Working with project managers to evaluate bids and determine the recommended awardee;
- Reviewing contracts for fiscal and programmatic accuracy as well as adherence to State and ORDA procurement policies; and
- Recommending contracts for rejection or approval.
- Oversee tracking and monitoring of contracts:
- Assisting the Office of Environmental, Planning and Construction with change orders and other contract amendments;
- Reviewing contract payment submissions and payments to assure that payments are made in accordance with contract terms;
- Working with project managers to track contractor performance, including price adjustments, amendments, contract interpretation, and contract compliance issues;
- Reviewing budget modifications and contract amendments to determine the impact on the contract and to ensure continued compliance with applicable regulations; and
- With input and assistance from project managers, performing contract monitoring tasks and addressing any necessary contract modifications/amendments.
- Recommending improvements to ORDA procurement policies and procedures, documenting problems with documents and/or processes, and working with the relevant contracting staff and the Legal Office for resolution.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Relevant experience may replace educational requirements on a year for year basis. Strong technical writing and critical thinking skills are essential for this position.
COMPENSATION: Salary is negotiable based upon experience and qualifications. ORDA offers an excellent benefits package including paid leave (sick, vacation, and personal time); paid holidays; health, dental, and vision insurance; long term disability and supplemental life insurance at preferred rates; participation in the NYS and Local Retirement Systems; and optional participation in NYS Deferred Compensation.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest, resume, and references with the subject line of “Contract Specialist Inquiry” to:
David McKillip, Director of Human Resources
POINT OF SALE (POS) BUSINESS ANALYST
The Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) is seeking a highly motivated, task-oriented professional to be a Point of Sale (POS) Business Analyst to manage the ongoing development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of ORDA’s POS solutions (accesso Siriusware, Passport, and Axess) with a primary goal of providing centralized organizational sales information to drive business decisions and create efficiencies. As a designated System Administrator for multiple POS software packages, the successful candidate will work with ORDA’s Information Technology department to execute system implementation tasks (managing register and station configuration settings, system changes, and user accounts; performing and managing applications, operations systems and hardware installation) and help maintain ORDA assets and security as it relates to ORDA’s POS systems. This person will also be primarily responsible for maintaining general POS information including pricing, menus, POS navigation, package setup, configuration, testing and debugging; training of POS systems, including the creation of training materials and execution of POS employee training; providing support for other related applications including, but not limited to, reservations systems and credit cards systems. The POS Business Analyst will work in ORDA’s Finance Department and report directly to the Senior POS Analyst. Travel will be required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field along with three years of practical experience working with POS systems ideally in the hospitality or recreation industry. Relevant experience may replace educational requirements on a year for year basis. Experience training users is required. Familiarity with accesso Siriusware preferred but not required.
SALARY: ORDA offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefit package including paid leave (vacation, holiday, sick and personal time); participation in the NYS and Local Retirement Systems; health, dental, and vision insurances; and optional participation in the NYS Deferred Compensation Plan.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resumé with the Subject Line of “POS Business Analyst Inquiry” to:
Stephanie Leonard, ORDA POS Coordinator
BUILDING MAINTENANCE & OPERATIONS DEPARTMENT SUPERVISOR
ORDA ADMINISTRATIVE BUILDING
The Olympic Regional Development Authority (ORDA) is seeking a full-time, year-round Building Operations and Maintenance Supervisor. This is a hands-on and administrative position that reports directly to the Vice President of Operations or designee. The primary responsibility will be managing ORDA’s Administrative Office Building and Grounds through proactive and preventive maintenance, innovation, operational integrity, communication, and training. In addition, this person will work with the design team during the building’s construction phase to acquire hands-on knowledge and locations of critical systems. The successful candidate will be responsible for properly managing and coordinating resources, personnel, service, training and safety training and documentation to ensure a full and comprehensive Building Maintenance Department and its systems. Primary responsibilities include: oversight of and accountable for custodial operations (building cleaning, interior / exterior including windows and architectural metal maintenance); coordination of water and waste water services with service providers; general facility maintenance; lighting systems; HVAC / energy management systems and controls; vertical transportation system; building envelope systems; plumbing systems; fire protection systems; workstations / office furniture; snow removal and landscaping; and fleet detailing and parking lots as well as other duties as assigned by the Vice President of Operations or designee. Staff/Guest Service and Risk Management skills are necessary. Administrative responsibilities will require outstanding organizational and communication skills, creating and maintaining detailed service records, work orders, training, safety, environmental and other records. In addition, this person will work with Lake Placid area venues for shared services and support to ensure that the grounds are properly maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS: Completion of an apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience in the building or mechanical trades, plus two years of subsequent relevant experience with a minimum of one-year supervisory experience. Computer literacy in basic programs, a valid driver’s license, working knowledge of building envelopes and mechanical systems including plumbing and HVAC are expected. Ability to lift (50 pounds minimum), bending, stooping and climb stairs and ladders.
COMPENSATION: Classified as a Grade 16 on the ORDA/CSEA Schedule. Excellent benefits package including paid leave (vacation, holiday, sick and personal time); participation in the NYS and Local Retirement Systems; health, dental, and vision insurances; and optional participation in the NYS Deferred Compensation Plan.
Interested applicants are to email their resume with letter of interest with the subject line of “Building Maintenance and Ops Supervisor” to:
LAKE PLACID AREA VENUES
ORDA’s Information Technology Department is seeking motivated, detail-oriented individuals to join the team as helpdesk technicians for its Lake Placid area venues. The successful candidate will troubleshoot and solve problems for end-users on workstations and point of sale systems. Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring ORDA’s helpdesk queue and responding to or escalating tickets in a timely fashion
- Applying IT service management principles to Improve the ORDA helpdesk experience
- Resolving network connectivity problems
- Deploying IT hardware and services throughout the organization
- Writing documentation and training staff
- Low-voltage wiring
- Server and network installation and maintenance
- Troubleshooting and escalating problems to higher-level technicians
- Implementation and testing of backup and recovery operations
This position requires a commitment to understanding the needs and priorities of both the IT Department and the organization as a whole and serves as a key support role in ensuring the efficiency of deploying IT services across the company. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator, organized and a problem-solver.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Relevant Associate’s degree with a minimum of one year of full-time experience. Relevant experience may replace educational requirements on a year for year basis. IT service management experience is preferred.
SALARY: Dependent upon qualifications and skills. ORDA offers an excellent benefit package including: health, dental and vision insurances; paid leave (vacation, sick and personal leave); and membership in the NYS Retirement System. Optional benefits include supplemental life and long-term disability insurance at preferred rates as well as NYS Deferred Compensation.
Interested candidates should email a letter of interest and resumé with the Subject Line of “IT Technician Inquiry” to: